Wednesday 1 April 2009

There's something very satisfying about ..


Fruit tree planting. My youngest son and I planted a couple of apple trees today. Thoroughly enjoyed doing it, a very satisfying experience. We dug in plenty of well rotted compost to improve the soil.
Nice to think with any luck they will out live me and be there for many years to come. I wonder if the next people will think about the person who planted them ? I know I quite often look at old trees and things and wonder who planted them and what their life was like.




I'm pretty happy with the way the plots looking this year it's two plots side by side. The garlic and Japanese onions in the foreground are coming along nicely next few days they will get a careful hoe and some Blood, Fish and Bone applied.In the bottom far left hand corner I've planted 3 rows of rocket 1st early potato and gave them a generous covering of compost and part rotted leaves.

The raspberries I planted are stirring into life slowly and I've descovered a couple of rhubarb plants alive under the carpet and bark chipping mulch that covers the Blackberry and Tayberry patch and I thought they where dead!

There's a couple of cloches up, they have nothing in them at the minute but I'll be planting parsnips and possibly a catch crop of beetroot there too shortly.



No comments:

Post a Comment